Skip to main content

Featured

Bob Newhart Tribute Special Draws Record 4.1 Million Viewers on CBS

 CBS's tribute to the legendary comedian Bob Newhart, titled “Bob Newhart: A Legacy of Laughter,” captivated 4.1 million viewers on Monday night. The “Entertainment Tonight” special celebrated Newhart's extraordinary 70-year career in comedy following his recent passing at age 94. This made the special the most-watched program in its 8 p.m. timeslot, outperforming competing shows such as NBC's “American Ninja Warrior” (2.7 million viewers), ABC's “The Bachelorette” (2.6 million viewers), Fox's “Name That Tune” (1.4 million viewers), and CW's “All American: Homecoming” (322,000 viewers). In addition to being the top-rated show of the night, excluding sports telecasts, “Bob Newhart: A Legacy of Laughter” also became the highest-viewed “Entertainment Tonight” special ever. The previous record-holder was “NCISVerse: The First 1000,” which attracted 3.8 million viewers in April. Other notable ET specials include “Salute to NCIS: LA” with 3.4 million viewers in May 20...

Biden Stands Firm on Mental Fitness, Addresses Reelection Concerns

 President Biden Dismisses Concerns About Age and Mental Fitness in Exclusive Interview

President Joe Biden, in a candid interview with ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos, addressed concerns about his mental fitness and age, following a challenging debate performance against Donald Trump. Biden acknowledged the debate was a "bad episode" but firmly dismissed broader questions about his ability to serve effectively.

Biden interview


Addressing the Debate Performance

In the 22-minute interview, Stephanopoulos pressed Biden on his debate performance and recent reports of increased lapses. When asked if he was the same man as when he took office, Biden responded confidently, emphasizing his successes.


"In terms of successes, yes," Biden said. "I was the guy who put together a peace plan for the Middle East, expanded NATO, and grew the economy. All the individual things that were done were ideas I had or fulfilled."

Biden interview


On Mental and Physical Fitness

Stephanopoulos questioned Biden about his perceived frailty and ability to continue serving. Biden responded candidly, admitting he can't run the 100 meters in 10 seconds but asserting his overall good health.


When asked if he was more frail, Biden replied flatly, "No."


Reassuring the Public

This interview marks Biden's first television appearance since the June 27 debate. It is part of a broader effort by the White House and Biden's campaign to reassure voters of his capability to carry out a second term. Stephanopoulos highlighted concerns about Biden's ability to serve effectively if reelected, as he would be 86 at the end of a second term.

Biden interview


"I believe so. I wouldn't be running if I didn't think I did," Biden stated. "I'm running again because I think I understand best what has to be done to take this nation to a completely new level. We're on our way."


The Importance of Presidential Character

Biden stressed the importance of presidential character in determining the proper employment of the Constitution. "The character of the president's gonna determine whether or not this Constitution is employed the right way," he emphasized.


Personal Reflections and Poll Numbers

When pressed about his personal assessment of his mental and physical ability to lead, Biden stood firm. "Yes, I am, because, George, the last thing I want to do is not be able to meet that," he said. Biden declined to agree to an independent medical evaluation that included cognitive tests.


Despite recent poll numbers showing him trailing Trump, Biden brushed off concerns and reiterated his commitment to the race. "If you can be convinced that you cannot defeat Donald Trump, will you stand down?" Stephanopoulos asked.

Biden interview


"It depends on -- if the Lord Almighty comes down and tells me that, I might do that," Biden responded.


President Biden's interview with ABC News serves as a pivotal moment in addressing concerns about his age and mental fitness. By emphasizing his past successes and commitment to leading the nation, Biden aims to reassure voters of his ability to serve effectively in a potential second term.

Comments